How much does it cost to speak with a car accident lawyer?
An initial phone consultation or in-person meeting with an attorney specializing in personal injury accidents lawyers is generally free of cost and requires no obligation on the part of the victim.
In an initial consultation, an attorney will go over the basics of your potential claim—including any available documentation of the accident itself, medical records and bills in your name, insurance coverage policies available for both you and the at-fault party, etc.
The attorney you meet with will then be able to offer you advice regarding what the next steps taken should be and also discuss (if relevant) the requirements for hiring his or her firm for representation—including stipulations attached to a contingency fee arrangement for payment of future accumulated legal expenses.
- Initial consultations always free
- Expert representation for insurance & courtroom claims
- Serving clients throughout Texas & many other states
How soon after an accident should I contact a lawyer?
Contact a lawyer immediately after an accident whenever there is a serious injury or death involved or if important technical, legal or medical issues exist. It is also vital to contact an experienced personal injury attorney post-haste when the at-fault party is not willingly taking responsibility for injuries or damages incurred.
Situations such as these can easily be overwhelming for victims. If your car is not drivable after an accident involving liability issues with another party (or parties), you will need immediate attention in order to ensure that you can get back on the road as soon as possible. In cases involving serious injury or death, medical expenses can quickly add up to create an unmanageable financial burden for victims and their families.
An attorney will be able to speak with you directly regarding your interests and also act on your behalf in taking all the necessary steps towards monetary compensation in an expedited manner.
Contact the offices of CMZ Law to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation appointment today so you can get moving in the right direction.
Should I notify my insurance company of the accident prior to meeting with the lawyer?
No, you don’t need to—fortunately, an attorney can handle that task for you.
After reviewing the facts of your case, your lawyer will determine whether—as well as when and how—to contact your insurance company in addition to (or instead of) pursuing the at-fault party in a separate claim.
>Bypassing the often cumbersome and arduous task of dealing with insurance carriers and adjusters directly is one of the primary benefits of choosing an experienced personal injury attorney to represent you and your interests after a serious car accident. Not only will you be able to avoid handling the back-and-forth with your and/or the at-fault party’s insurance company, you will also be able to make confident and well-informed decisions regarding any settlement offer that you may receive from either.
"I was in a serious car accident that left me injured and without vehicle. Fortunately, the law office of Chandler, Mathis & Zivley handled everything for me afterwards—all I had to do was focus on getting better!"
~ Tom B.
"The legal team at CMZ Law took care of handling all correspondences with the insurance companies and adjuster, after my accident. I couldn't have been happier with how they took care of everything, leaving me the time and energy needed to recover from my injuries and move on with my life."
~ Mandy R.
p>If you suffered injuries in a collision with another vehicle, there are many advantages in hiring a Texas car accident lawyer to handle your claim against the at-fault driver's insurance carrier. Some of them include:
- Their experience negotiating with insurance companies to make sure that you get the highest dollar offer for your claim. Insurance companies always try to low-ball their settlement offers, but an experienced personal injury attorney knows the true value of a client's claim and will fight for the highest offer.
- Sometimes multiple defendants are to blame for your accident and injuries. Personal injury attorneys know how to pursue all individuals and entities that bear responsibility for your losses.
- A personal injury attorney realizes that some injuries have lingering, long-term effects that will require ongoing treatment. They will make sure to include the future treatment costs in the claim for damages.
- Their extensive legal knowledge when negotiations fail and trial looms. Not all clients' claims result in negotiated settlements. Some go to trial and wind up with judgments from a judge or jury. Skilled trial attorneys know every step of the trial process and can vigorously represent your interests.
- Turning your case over to an experienced car accident lawyer relieves your mind of worries about the legal process and lets you focus on healing and resuming your life.
When you have been hurt in an accident, it is a wise decision to allow a legal professional to take the lead.
With the rise of no-fault insurance, most people involved in an accident merely let their insurance company handle the details after a car accident occurs. While they may only have to cover their deductible, there are hidden costs associated with this approach. Here are a few reasons to hire a lawyer after a car accident to ensure your interests are being looked after to the fullest extent:
Fixes Your Property – If you carry the right insurance, your car will be fixed regardless of the outcome of a lawsuit. If your lawyer can establish that the other driver was at fault, however, you will be relieved of paying any deductible or fee.
Removes Any Marks from Your Driving Record – If it is not established that the fault of the accident was the other driver's, your driving record may be impacted. Depending on the severity of the accident, points may be assigned which could eventually result in the loss of your license.
Keeps Your Rates Down – Insurance companies are in business to make money. As such, they will look to recoup their payment to you through higher premiums – unless a lawyer can demonstrate that the fault was the other driver's. In that case, the other driver will bear the brunt of your insurance increase.
Chandler, Mathis & Zivley, PC
601 Sawyer, Suite 600, Houston, TX 77007 | Phone: 877.739.7744
207 E. Frank St., Suite 105, Lufkin, TX 75901 | Phone: 800.657.2230 | Phone: 936.632.1304